March 25th & 26th
If you require an accommodation [accessibility or otherwise] please contact [email protected] at least 14 days prior to the event.
Weekend Agenda & Logistics Information
Subject to change
(Click to expand)
At our first quarter meeting this year, the DPO will host our biennial reorganization meeting.
If you would like to file to run to be a DPO Officer, you can do so by filling out this form by no later than March 1st at 5pm.
If you would like to submit a question to the candidates running for these positions, please submit it here by no later than February 27th, 11:59pm
The DPO has put in place a temporary rule of order regarding DPO Officer Campaigning to govern the campaign period to create a level playing field for all candidates.. That can be reviewed here: Temporary Special Rule Of Order Regarding Officer Campaigns
Saturday, March 25th
Linn Benton Community College – Calapooia Center–6500 Pacific Blvd SW, Albany, OR 97321
|County Chairs and Vice Chairs Meeting||Commons|
|Caucus Leaders Meeting||NSH-206|
|2:00pm-4:00pm||Trainings – TBA||Commons|
|6:30pm||DPO & Linn County Democrats Dinner||Commons|
Sunday, March 26th
Linn Benton Community College-Calapooia Center–6500 Pacific Blvd SW, Albany, OR 97321
|8:30am-10am||Standing Committee Meetings|
|10am-11am||Congressional District Committee Meetings
& Caucus Meeting
Lunch Service Begins
|1pm||SCC Business Meeting|
There are a variety of hotels in Albany. We recommend finding a hotel near Linn Benton Community College. You can see rooms at a discounted rate at this link, but please pay attention to ratings and distance from the venue.
In the 2022-2023 Budget, the DPO allocated $4750 in funds to help assist with travel to and from our Quarterly SCC Meetings to lighten the burden on SCC members with need. This need-based grant is awarded on financial and distance basis.
Members interested in receiving a grant for the 1st Quarter 2023 SCC Meeting should apply by no later than March 10th
Regarding COVID Safety:
- We strongly urge all SCC members to make sure you are fully vaccinated & boosted for COVID-19 before our meeting. We ask delegation chairs to work with your Delegation to ensure members are vaccinated and to coordinate alternates for delegates who are unable to attend as per your County or Caucus Bylaws.
- Consider taking a COVID rapid test before you leave home if you have one available. If you receive a positive Covid test, or if you have any cold- like symptoms (such as cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath, congestion, etc) please do not attend and notify your delegation chair immediately.
- Please stay tuned as it gets closer for further updates based on the status of COVID-19.
- Meeting Access:
- The SCC Business Meeting will be open to all SCC members. Non-members will be able to view the meeting via a listen/view only livestream.
- Other meetings and trainings happening throughout the weekend will only be open to those who are able to show proof of vaccination. Please submit your proof of vaccination in advance to [email protected] to make your check-in process smoother.