Profession: Patent Agent
- 2nd Assistant District Leader in Multnomah County House District 41
- Delegate for Bernie Sanders to DNCC in Philadelphia, 2016
- Founding member and leadership team for BerniePDX
- Canvasser/phone banker for Yes on Measure 92 (GMO Right To Know)
- Voter outreach for HR 676 (Expanded Medicare for All)
Leigha has lived in Oregon since 2001 and is proud to call the Portland Metro area home. Ever the progressive, Leigha was only recently called to join the Democratic Party. However, since joining the Party she has jumped in with both feet. She initially became an appointed Precinct Committee Person in Multnomah County House District 41 before quickly becoming 2nd Assistant District Leader. Not long after that, she was elected to the Congressional District 3 Committee and was immediately elected Chair.
Before her participation in the Democratic Party, Leigha was a grassroots activist and organizer supporting the Bernie Sanders campaign for President. She was elected as a Delegate for Senator Sanders to the Democratic National Committee Convention in Philadelphia in July 2016 and continues to support progressive candidates and causes through her volunteer work with BerniePDX.
Leigha is a radical knitter who believes in single payer health care, that one can not make an informed choice without information, and that stakeholders have some of the most valuable feedback in any system.