For Immediate Release
Contact: Molly Woon
press [at] dpo [dot] org
May 16, 2018
Five questions for Knute Buehler
Knute Buehler spent a lot of time during the Republican primary ducking tough questions. Now that he’s in the general election, it’s time he answered them once and for all.
"No more excuses,” said Jeanne Atkins, Chair of the Democratic Party of Oregon. "Today is the first day of the general election, and voters deserve answers from Knute Buehler.”
- When are you going to release your tax returns? The Democratic Party of Oregon called on all three of the leading candidates in the GOP primary to follow Governor Kate Brown’s lead and release their returns. The Statesman-Journal agreed. Where are they?
- When are you going to have Donald Trump on the trail? We also asked the candidates whether they'd accept Donald Trump's help on the campaign trail. Buehler has endorsed Trump’s immigration agenda and his tax cuts for wealthy businesses. Why won’t he tell Oregonians when he’s going to hit the trail with Trump?
- What abortion limits would you sign as governor? An editorial in the Register-Guard said that Buehler would support new limits on abortion. We asked him if he’d sign the kind of radical bill that Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds just signed. Buehler’s response? Crickets.
- What other laws would he refuse to enforce as governor? In the only GOP debate, Buehler said if voters approved new gun safety regulations he’d just ignore them. What else would Buehler refuse to enforce?
- What are you getting paid by the medical industry? Buehler said he’d support closing the Buehler Loophole. But he still hasn’t told us what payments he’s getting from the medical industry. Where’s the money?