Republicans in Deschutes County to host right-wing, Islamophobic conspiracy theorist at meeting tomorrow
DPO calls on Deschutes County GOP to cancel event and for leading Rs to denounce the visit
- Guandolo bills himself as an esteemed former FBI agent, but he in fact resigned from the Bureau before he could be fired and launched a career as an anti-Islam activist.
- One of his first big "hits" was his claim that CIA director John Brennan was a secret Muslim convert. This claim originated with Guandolo but was quickly spread by other anti-Islam activists and eventually become so widespread that Brennan's supposed conversion is now treated as an established fact by many on the Right.
- Guandolo has repeatedly said that mosques don't deserve the same rights as churches, that members of Muslim groups should be arrested if they tried to lobby on Capitol Hill, and called for Obama and members of his administration to bearrested and tried for treason.
- Guandolo sees nefarious Islamic infiltration everywhere and this is presumably the sort of ridiculous information he is providing during his "training sessions" for law enforcement. He has also claimed that the Las Vegas Shooting was an Islamic attack.
- Recently, Guandolo has branched out a bit and started declaring that the special counsel investigation on the Trump administration is treason and that those responsible for it, including the media, should be executed and the government purged.