This position is based out of our office in Portland, Oregon.
- An ideal candidate is highly organized, and data-focused with VAN experience who is eager to work on this historic campaign cycle, and who is willing to adapt to a changing campaign climate supporting Democrats with technology while enhancing our backend and technical capabilities.
- The new team member will help with responding to and assisting Democratic stakeholders across Oregon, and will work with the Data Director to build and maintain infrastructure and processes to support data work across multiple teams and campaigns at the DPO in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide data and technology support to the Data Director and Coordinated Campaign
- Write technical documentation for internal processes
- Develop and run ad hoc analysis for party operations
- Navigate existing data and information systems across a variety of platforms and provide assistance in building new data and technology infrastructure using VAN and SQL
- Answer user support requests and questions regarding VAN, miniVAN, and the DPO’s other data and technology systems
- Experience with SQL and/or Python
- Familiarity with VAN
- Excel and google sheets including fluency with pivot tables and vlookup
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience explaining technical processes to people from a variety of different professional backgrounds
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to tinker, experiment, and learn new systems
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and three professional references as a single PDF file to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is a full-time exempt position, with an August start date. Benefits include a phone stipend, fully paid health, vision, and dental coverage, and mileage reimbursement for qualifying travel. Salary is $4,100/month.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.