Location: Statewide, remote
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $4,250.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is hiring an experienced, top-quality Field Organizer for its campaign for important races in 2022. This position is of limited duration and will run through December 16th, 2022.
- An ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented and a responsible self-starter who is eager to work on this historic campaign cycle, and who is willing to adapt to a changing campaign climate. They are excited about working in 2021 to prepare for a challenging 2022 election. The Field Organizer will be based in Portland or Southern Oregon (depending on the candidate’s preference) but will be required to travel throughout the State of Oregon to meet with and train volunteers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a statewide field plan, maintain up-to-date tracking systems, and evaluate results
- Recruit, train and supervise new volunteer leaders that can help implement the field programs.
- Reach volunteer recruitment goals by recruiting, mobilizing and training volunteers
- Planning and managing surrogate events.
- Outreach out to constituency groups, democratic clubs and organizations.
- Ensure field programs comply with campaign finance rules and requirements.
- Work with groups and other campaigns to develop a robust voter registration program.
- Experience working for or volunteering on political campaigns.
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics.
- Great time management and organization skills.
- Ability to train and instruct volunteers.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to meet strategic goals and work effectively with regional and local leaders.
- Reliable internet and phone access
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and three professional references as a single PDF file to [email protected] Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is a full-time exempt position, available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to healthcare coverage. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $4,250. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5. Coordinated Campaign staff will receive a stipend for phone.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.