The Democratic Party of Oregon is hiring an experienced, top-quality Field Researcher for its campaign for important races in 2022.
An ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented and a responsible self-starter who is eager to work on this historic campaign cycle, and who is willing to adapt to a changing campaign climate. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate that our staff will all be working remotely from home and will transition to in-office work as it is safe, which presents unique challenges and leadership opportunities for our Field Researcher. The Field Researcher will be required to travel throughout the State of Oregon.
Location: Statewide, currently working remotely under COVID restrictions
- Media Tracking: Capturing all TV, radio, and internet appearances of targeted candidates
- Live Tracking: Collecting video and audio of live appearances of targeted candidates
- Volunteer outreach, training, and management to ensure that all events are covered
- Coordinating the transcription of all collected video and audio
- Online and in-person research as required
- Other duties as assigned
- An ability to distill pertinent information from hours of content
- Knowledge and understanding of print, broadcast, and online media
- A calm demeanor and measured response to difficult situations is required
- Access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- The ability to travel within state with little notice
- An ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be willing to work long, irregular hours and travel, as needed
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and three professional references as a single PDF file to [email protected] Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is a full-time exempt position, available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to healthcare coverage. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $2832/mo. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5. Coordinated Campaign staff will receive a stipend for phone and internet access while working remotely, and required computer technology will be provided. Coordinated Campaign Positions are limited duration positions.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.