The Democratic Party of Oregon is hiring experienced, top-quality Regional Directors for its campaign for important races in 2020: electing Vice President Joe Biden as our next President, Senator Jeff Merkley’s re-election campaign, our Congressional and Statewide Races, as well as state legislative and local offices.
An ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented and a responsible self-starter who has proven leadership and management skills and who is also able to adapt to a changing campaign climate. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate that our staff will all be working remotely from home throughout the campaign, which presents unique challenges and leadership opportunities for our Field Directors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Executing the statewide field strategy and plan within your region.
- Motivating and managing a team of organizers on a daily basis.
- Working with regional political staff to assist in the management of constituency outreach activities in your region
- Assisting with virtual candidate and surrogate events within your region
- Ensuring field staff and field programs comply with campaign finance rules and requirements
- Building a diverse coalition of supportive organizations and individuals to support campaigns
- Working with a variety of different campaigns on meeting goals.
- 1 to 2 years campaign experience.
- Experience with Voter Activation Network (VAN) or Vote Builder.
- Reliable internet and phone access
- Experience training and coaching staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Great organizational and communications skills with a strong commitment to follow-up.
- Strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Ability to execute strategic goals and work effectively with state and local leaders.
- Ability to track and report regional activity in a firm and consistent structure.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and three professional references as a single PDF file to [email protected] Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
This is a full-time exempt position, available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to healthcare coverage. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $4,250/month. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5. Coordinated Campaign staff will receive a stipend for phone and internet access, and technology support will be provided.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.