As we head into the most important general election cycle in a generation, The Democratic Party of Oregon (DPO) seeks a dynamic, committed individual to join our staff as an Operations Assistant. This is an entry level, year round, position that is at the core of our work and mission to elect Democrats across Oregon. We are looking for a person with attention to detail and strong work ethic who can help maintain, coordinate, and support our Party’s long-term infrastructure.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position based in Portland (with some statewide travel), and is supervised by the Deputy Director.
- Facilitate Monthly Democratic Leader Calls
- Assist with Coordination and facilitation of State Central Committee Meetings and all Party Events (Conventions, Retreats, etc)
- Maintain party databases, including updates from county parties, committees, caucuses, etc.
- Assist in organizing DPO events and projects, including tracking attendance, RSVPs, and ticket sales
- Assist in the sending of intraparty messaging such as reminder emails
- Assist the Executive Director and Deputy Director in executing projects
- Taking a leadership role in staffing DPO Standing Committees.
- Assist with event and campaign logistics and other operations tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A desire to grow DPO programs while setting and beating goals
- An eye for detail
- Computer proficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and willing to make cold calls for contributions
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required and travel as needed
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and plan work responsibilities
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Preferred but not required:
- Some experience in development, operations, organizing, or fundraising with a campaign or nonprofit organization.
- Experience planning events
- Experience managing volunteers and interns
- Familiarity with NGPVAN/VoteBuilder
To Apply: Please fill out our online application form, at this link.
Qualified applicants should be prepared to interview as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If you have any questions about the application process you can contact Deputy Director Candy Emmons at [email protected],
This is a full-time exempt position, based in Portland, Oregon available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to fully paid health, vision, and dental coverage, mileage reimbursement for qualifying travel, paid family leave, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, as well as a 401k. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $45k, but a higher starting salary is negotiable for the right candidate. This position is represented by the Campaign Workers Guild.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.