The Democratic Party of Oregon is hiring experienced, top-quality Field Organizers for its campaign for important races in 2020: electing Vice President Joe Biden as our next President, Senator Jeff Merkley’s re-election campaign, our Congressional and Statewide Races, as well as state legislative and local offices.
An ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented and a responsible self-starter who is eager to hop on the phone and work on this historical campaign, and who is willing to adapt to a changing campaign climate. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate that our staff will all be working remotely from home throughout the campaign, which presents unique challenges and leadership opportunities for our Field Directors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reach volunteer recruitment goals by recruiting, mobilizing and training volunteers to participate in phone banks,, voter registration, and virtual event organizing.
- Recruit, train and supervise new volunteer leaders that can help implement the field programs.
- Implement field plans, maintain up-to-date tracking systems, and evaluate results
- Planning and managing surrogate events.
- Persuading voters to support our candidates.
- Turning out the vote in your region.
- Outreach out to constituency groups, democratic clubs and organizations.
- Ensure field programs comply with campaign finance rules and requirements.
- Working with other campaigns in your region.
- Experience working for or volunteering on political campaigns.
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics.
- Great time management and organization skills.
- Ability to train and instruct volunteers.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to meet strategic goals and work effectively with regional and local leaders.
- Reliable internet and phone access
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and three professional references as a single PDF file to [email protected] Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
This is a full-time exempt position, available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to healthcare coverage. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $3600/month. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5. Coordinated Campaign staff will receive a stipend for phone and internet access, and required computer technology will be provided.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.