As we head into the most important election cycle in a generation, The Democratic Party of Oregon (DPO) seeks a dynamic, committed individual to join our staff as a Field Researcher/Research Assistant. This position is at the core of our work and mission to elect Democrats across Oregon. We are looking for a person with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
The Field Researcher / Research Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Media Tracking: Capturing all TV, radio, and internet appearances of targeted candidates
- Live Tracking: Collecting video and audio of live appearances of targeted candidates
- Volunteer outreach, training, and management to ensure that all events are attended
- Coordinating the transcription of all collected video and audio recordings
- Online and in-person research as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An ability to distill pertinent information from hours of content
- Knowledge and understanding of print, broadcast, and online media
- A calm demeanor and measured response to difficult situations is required
- Access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- The ability to travel within state with little notice
- An ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be willing to work long, irregular hours and travel, as needed
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Position start/end date: March 1, 2020 — May 30, 2020 with possible extension for the duration of the 2020 election cycle.
Salary & Benefits: This is a full-time exempt position, available immediately. The Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters are located in Portland, Oregon. However, this position may be able to work remotely from any location within the Willamette Valley and will require significant travel throughout the state. Benefits include health care coverage, paid family leave, and sick and vacation leave. Salary is $3,000/month. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5.
To apply: Submit a resume with three references and a one-page cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications as a single PDF document to Molly Woon, Deputy Director of the Democratic Party of Oregon at [email protected] .
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.