The Democratic Party of Oregon seeks a Digital Director who will manage and grow all digital properties of the Party, including our email list, social media accounts, and website traffic. You’ll work every day to engage and inspire Democrats in Oregon and to contribute to and support the DPO and hold Republicans accountable.
This is a key team member with responsibility for the Party’s digital fundraising and communications work, reporting directly to the Executive Director. The Digital Director will also work with the Development Director to accomplish the DPO’s fundraising goals and assist the Communications Director in promoting a strategic messaging plan and maintaining internal communications infrastructures.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to achieve online fundraising and engagement goals through email, texting, social, and other digital channels.
- Manage and develop an integrated digital campaign plan for the Party, including email, social media, and web properties.
- Write, edit, and design content for the Party’s email list. Segment lists, test approaches, and use best practices to raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect candidates up and down the ticket.
- Promote events and fundraising initiatives with advertising on Facebook and other online platforms.
- Manage the Democratic Party of Oregon website; create and maintain websites for internal constituencies, elected officials, and candidates.
- Support staff, officers, and volunteers in the use of websites, email outreach platforms, and social media programs.
- Create supporting materials for the development program, including sponsorship sheets and event programs.
- Engage Democrats online and expand our base by writing, editing, designing, and curating content for the Democratic Party of Oregon’s social media accounts.
- Track breaking news and current events to develop content for email and social media. Identify opportunities for online engagement and track digital trends to grow our online program.
- Track and analyze digital data.
- Manage email preflight and quality control of all of the Democratic Party of Oregon’s online communications.
- Work as part of a team and pitch in on crucial projects in any way needed.
- Excellent persuasive writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with email and digital fundraising, organizing, and communicationsExperience with targeted email, CRM, or online advocacy tools such as NGP.
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress, Squarespace, or Drupal.
- Experience with Photoshop required; experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on deadline.
- Ability to track and understand digital data. Experience with Google Analytics is helpful.
- Passion for electing Democrats and working with members of the broad coalition that make up our Party.
- Comfortable working with high-level Democratic officials, candidates, staff, and donors.
Helpful but not required
- Basic videography and photography skills.
- Some knowledge of – or willingness to learn – basic video editing skills.
- Comfortable with working in a Mac OS X environment.
- Bilingual or Multilingual preferred
Qualified applicants should be prepared to interview as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The first round of applicants will be notified of the status of their application by no later than 10 days after their application is received. If you have any questions about the application process you can contact Deputy Director Candy Emmons at [email protected]
This is a full-time exempt position, based in Portland, available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to healthcare coverage, paid family leave, sick and vacation leave, as well as a 401k. Starting salary begins at $41,200-51,200 but a higher starting salary is negotiable for the right candidate. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.