As we head into the most important general election cycle in a generation, The Democratic Party of Oregon (DPO) seeks a dynamic, committed individual to join our staff as a Development Assistant. This is an entry level, year round, position that is at the core of our work and mission to elect Democrats across Oregon. We are looking for a person with attention to detail and strong work ethic who can help plan, coordinate, and organize our major events.
Development Assistant duties:
- Assist with our monthly direct mail program and special appeal mail program.
- Assist with the planning and execution of quarterly fundraisers and State Central Committee Meetings held in rotating counties around Oregon.
- Assist with planning and executing all major events, including but not limited to: the annual Wayne Morse Gala, the biennial Oregon Summit, the biennial general Election Night Event and VIP events.
- Assist with our monthly and direct donor program by renewing and signing up new donors.
- Coordinate interns and volunteers to ensure that our database is up to date.
- Coordinate Thank You program to ensure that all donors are thanked in a timely manner and receive a receipt of their donation.
- Build a fundraising database for potential sponsors and donors.
- Assist with event and campaign logistics and other operations tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A desire to grow DPO programs while setting and beating goals
- An eye for detail
- Computer proficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and willing to make cold calls for contributions
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours, and travel as needed
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and plan work responsibilities
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Preferred but not required:
- Some experience in development or fundraising with a campaign or nonprofit organization
- Experience planning events
- Experience with donor research
- Experience managing volunteers and interns
- Familiarity with NGP VAN/VoteBuilder.
To Apply: Please fill out our online application form, at this link.
Qualified applicants should be prepared to interview as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If you have any questions about the application process you can contact Development Director Claire Hoobler-Curtis at [email protected].
This is a full-time exempt position, based in Portland, Oregon available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to fully paid health, vision, and dental coverage, mileage reimbursement for qualifying travel, paid family leave, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, as well as a 401k. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $45,000, but a higher starting salary is negotiable for the right candidate. This position is represented by the Campaign Workers Guild.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, BIPOC individuals , LGBTQIA+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.