As we head into the most important general election cycle in a generation, The Democratic Party of Oregon (DPO) seeks a dynamic, committed individual to join our staff as a Development Assistant. This is an entry level, year round, position that is at the core of our work and mission to elect Democrats across Oregon. We are looking for a person with attention to detail and strong work ethic who can help plan, coordinate, and organize our major events.
The Development Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Assist with our direct mail program and other development tasks as assigned.
- Assist with the planning and execution of quarterly fundraisers and State Central Committee Meetings held in rotating counties.
- Assist with planning and executing all major events, including but not limited to: the annual Wayne Morse Gala, planning for the 2020 Democratic National Convention, the biennial Oregon Summit, and the biennial general Election Night Event.
- Coordinate interns and volunteers to ensure that our database is up to date with proper contact information.
- Coordinating the DPO Thank You program to ensure that all donors are appropriately thanked and receive a receipt of their donation.
- Build a fundraising database for potential sponsors and donors.
- Assist with event and campaign logistics and other operations tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A desire to grow DPO programs while setting and beating goals
- An eye for detail
- Computer proficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and willing to make cold calls
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours, and travel as needed
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Preferred but not required:
- Some experience in development or fundraising with a campaign or nonprofit organization.
- Experience planning events
- Experience with donor research
- Experience managing volunteers and interns
- Familiarity with NGPVAN/VoteBuilder
To Apply: Submit a resume with three references and a one-page cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to Candy Emmons, Operations Director at the Democratic Party of Oregon [email protected] Qualified applicants should be prepared to interview as soon as possible.
This is a full-time exempt position, based in Portland, available immediately. Benefits include but are not limited to healthcare coverage, paid family leave, sick and vacation leave, as well as a 401k. Salary is commensurate with experience and begins at $37,000. This position is represented by IUPAT District Council 5.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our organization, in part by making sure our staff reflects the communities most impacted by our work. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.